The St. George temple is the oldest temple still actively used by the members of the Church. The temple currently has three ordinance rooms and 18 sealing rooms, and a total floor area of 110,000 feet (34,000 m). It was originally designed with two large assembly halls like the earlier Kirtland and Nauvoo Temples. The lower Assembly Hall was partitioned with curtains to provide the ordinance rooms for the Endowment Ceremony. In 1938 the lower Assembly Hall was rebuilt with permanent walls dividing it into four ordinance rooms. The four ordinance rooms were later changed into the present three rooms, at the time the endowment ceremony was changed from a live endowment to one presented on film.
In the 1970s the temple was closed and underwent extensive remodeling. Spencer W. Kimball rededicated it in 1975.
LDS decor is now selling our framed prints at affordable prices. Check them out at: LDSDecor.com
Tagged: , St. George Utah Temple , The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints , Mormon , LDS , religious , religion , temple , Stl George , architecture , building , LDS Temple , The Church of Latter-Day Saints